Ok, I know I promised to upload pictures and I still haven't gotten to it! But here are some Khiana-isms to hold you over... I wanted to write them down before I forget them! :)
Khiana and I were looking at pictures this morning and we came across some when she was just a few weeks old. I asked her who it was, and she said, "Kiki!" I told her, "No, that baby is you! That baby is Khiana." She looked at me and wrinkled her nose and said "No-oo."
Then we got to the pregnancy and birth pictures, and when we got to the one of me right before we left for the birth center I explained to her that she came from Mama's tummy, pointing to my enormous belly in the picture. She seemed to understand, and said, "Yeah!" Then she put her hands in front of her tummy and with wide eyes said, "Don't fall, baby!"
Another cute thing lately is Khiana has been mixing up the words Aunt and Uncle. When we look through pictures she often refers to Clara as "Uncle Clara." She does this with all of her Aunts, it's pretty funny.
She also says "I wake up!" when she gets up from a nap or in the morning. Sometimes when she is resisting taking a nap she will run out, wide eyed and excited, and say that. I try to explain to her that in order to wake up, you have to be asleep, but so far that lesson hasn't gotten through to her. :)
Khiana and I were looking at pictures this morning and we came across some when she was just a few weeks old. I asked her who it was, and she said, "Kiki!" I told her, "No, that baby is you! That baby is Khiana." She looked at me and wrinkled her nose and said "No-oo."
Then we got to the pregnancy and birth pictures, and when we got to the one of me right before we left for the birth center I explained to her that she came from Mama's tummy, pointing to my enormous belly in the picture. She seemed to understand, and said, "Yeah!" Then she put her hands in front of her tummy and with wide eyes said, "Don't fall, baby!"
Another cute thing lately is Khiana has been mixing up the words Aunt and Uncle. When we look through pictures she often refers to Clara as "Uncle Clara." She does this with all of her Aunts, it's pretty funny.
She also says "I wake up!" when she gets up from a nap or in the morning. Sometimes when she is resisting taking a nap she will run out, wide eyed and excited, and say that. I try to explain to her that in order to wake up, you have to be asleep, but so far that lesson hasn't gotten through to her. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment