Just last week I was waxing poetic about how much I love fall, and how happy it makes me. Then the rain set it... and we're stuck in the house! I do love the rain, and I don't mind the weather, but already I miss summer!
Ode to Summer
Summer, oh summer, you've been such a blast!
But why, oh why, must you go by so fast?
I filled you with trips and beaches and fun
I've spent much of you out in the sun.
I wasn't thinking when I said I was bored
Now how I wish that those days could be stored.
Because now it is cold, and dismal and gray
And I want to just wish it away.
Oh, summer I'll miss you; you've been such a treat.
If I can make it 'til next year, it'll be quite a feat.
In the meantime, I'll dream, reminisce and recall
the memories of you just to get through the fall.
Until next year, summer, I bid you adieu.
I can't wait to see you and start you anew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love your poem! Myra~
Post a Comment