Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall colors, and a lesson in moderation

These beautiful trees are right outside our front door! I love all the fall colors.
I have always been fond of buying new gadgets. I am the type to get something in my sights, research it extensively, find the best deal, and buy it. To my credit, there have been very few purchases which I regret. But, I do think that I am a bit unrestrained when it comes to making myself wait to buy something that I want.

So my latest kick is getting a new camera--a Canon DSLR, specifically the Canon XSi which came out this year. I have spent hours researching the best one to buy, the best lenses, the best accessories, etc. But we aren't in the best place monetarily right now, so should I even be considering a new camera when my point and shoot is working perfectly fine? Well, I think I will wait. But only a month. I will wait to see if it's any cheaper around Thanksgiving. That's only a month away, and chances are there will be a good sale. In the meantime, I will just try to enjoy life, and if I get any good shots my my P&S, that's a bonus. And I'll use the extra time to learn more about photography!

No comments: