Saturday, June 21, 2008

Excuse me, but it's time for my nap.

Well, 7:30am hasn't rolled around yet and I'm already dreaming of a nap. I know it's because I didn't get very much sleep, and according to an article on taking naps, we are hardwired to have two periods of extreme sleepiness during the day, the first between 2-4am... exactly the time when I was awake with Katelyn.

On Thursday my attempt at taking a nap went like this: I finally got Katelyn to sleep. She'd been up all morning, so I knew she'd be out for a good two hours. I put Khiana to bed, making sure she had her pluggie, sippy cup, blanket, cat, large white teddy bear, small brown teddy bear, doll #1, doll #2, and their respective pluggies and bottles. She had to turn out all the lights in the house, turn off the computer monitors, say night night to Katelyn, and then finally I could put her in the crib without excessive screaming. 15 minutes later though, she was still kicking around so I went in and checked on her. I was greeted with her smiling, naked self. I put her diaper and clothes back on and tried again. Nope, off they came once more. This happened four times before I gave up. It was almost time for Katelyn to wake up, so I decided to take a hot shower instead. I have learned from this experience though. My nap on Friday went off without a hitch. I waited longer so that Khiana was more tired, I put her to bed first, then put Katelyn to sleep, and I put Khiana in a onesie that she can't get out of (yet). I got a full 90 minute nap, which reduced my wrinkled and puffy eyes by 7%. Hurray!

Check out this article. It sheds some light on how to take naps.

3 comments:

Kelly and Janae said...

Hey Naomi,
I need naps too. Good luck with fitting yours in, here and there. And best wishes on moving closer to seattle! Moving to a new place is always exciting...
-Janae

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

We will really miss you guys!!

DoRe' said...

Yet more proof that we mommies learn really quickly! Glad you were able to get your nap in!

(And what IS it with your daughter and clothes removal? :p I'm teasing; all three of mine went through that phase!)